BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Umbilical lines

Greyson's UAC is for them to draw blood from at this time rather than having to stick his heels, so I was quiet surprised to be woken up this morning by a tech drawing blood from his heel, needless to say he wasn't very happy about it.  She said the nurse had Ok'd it, the nurse came in and told me that the line was flushing fine and infusing fine, but it wouldn't let them draw back from it.  They had put something in it to break up a clot if there was one, but that didn't seem to help, it is also not reading his blood pressure anymore, which pretty much means it isn't working correctly.  We are waiting for Dr. Sadiq to get in and decide what he wants to do with it, I am quiet certain he will want to remove it and I do to.  The only thing currently holding it back at this point I think is the cardiologist wanting to use his umbilical vein for that balloon surgery but Dr. Fiore (cardiothorasic Surgeon) is back today and I will be expressing to him that me and dad aren't pushing for that procedure. It seems weird to say we would rather have open heart surgery than a cath surgery but the cath surgery isn't a fix it is temporary and would make us both very nervous until they fixed it for good especially being 2 hours away from a pediatric cardiologist. 

On another note, yesterday when the cardiologists did rounds, I could hear them talking outside our room and he said I think mom's keeping with that, I am sure talking about breast feeding as soon as he came in he asked if I was still feeding in the morning and pumping then "fake" nursing at night.  I wasn't bitchy but got my point across when I said I was nursing him twice a day and both me and his father felt that the risk of NEC was small enough that we were comfortable with feeding him twice in a day at this point.  If the surgeon comes in today and says he doesn't want us feeding him anymore then we won't, which will be hard bc he wants to eat twice a day.  He may also say he doesn't want him eating after Friday or Saturday bc of surgery on Monday or Tuesday but we should know better what procedure they are planning to do and when it will be this afternoon.  I will update everyone after rounds on what happened with the lines and the surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment