BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 9, 2010

10/8/2010

So I have started this blog so that friends and family can come here to get the latest updates on Greyson.  We do not get cell phone reception in the NICU so calls and text is out, sometimes they will stay connected to the wi-fi but not always so we are kind of limited on outside communication. 

When we met with the Dr's this morning we were told that we are still looking at doing his surgery in 7-10 days.  We will know more after the cardiologists and Dr. Fiore (Cardiothoracic Surgeon) meet and discuss the best plan.  We were not going to feed him until after his surgery bc there is a slight (3-5%) chance of him developing NEC which is a bacterial infection in his intestines bc they may not be recieving as much blood bc of his heart condition.  If we were to put the breast milk in his stomach he could have that chance of getting an infection.  Dr. Sadiq (Neonatologist) said I can hold him a couple times a day and encouraged me to do so, since it would benefit both my milk production and Greyson's bond and happiness, I was so thrilled, and scared, the first time I was able to hold my sweet little "squeaker" for the first time since right after he was born.  Addison and daddy took a nap on the couch and mommy and greyson stared at each other in the chair.  I don't think they are going to allow anyone else to hold him since it could be very bad if anything were to happen to his umbillical tubes.  While I was holding him the nurse told me that Dr. Sadiq had called and said he could nurse once per shift (twice a day) if he was awake and willing.  When we got back from dinner I tried nursing, he did put the nipple in his mouth and sort of mouthed it a litte, but didn't wake up to actually nurse, so we just hung out for a bit, of course he woke up as soon as we put him back in his bed.  His artery tube pulled out just a tiny tiny bit so they did new X-rays to see how far it has moved, since it does go up to his heart, but they didn't think it would be a problem.  I will post more after rounds in the morning (9-11am) I am sure quiet a few of you are coming up to see us tomorrow or Sunday and we can't wait to see you.

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you guys the best. We have you in our thoughts.

    Tim & Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wish you the best and are thinking of all of you.

    Tim & Amanda

    ReplyDelete