BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Big Boy Bed

Greyson ate for 25 min. this morning and got 20 mL of colostrum before that.  He ate again for about 10 min over a 20 min stretch about noon and then when I put him back in his bed he spit up all over his blanket and clothes.  I took his clothes off and changed his blanket, then he decided to poop, so I changed his diaper and as I am wiping him he poops some more, then he pees for like 10 min straight all over himself and his bed.  After I changed his blanket again he starts sucking on his hand like he is hungry.  I got him out and fed him for...5 min.  That's all he wanted I guess a little to top him off.  This morning his fluids were at a rate of 12, before his second feeding they lowered it to 6 and they just took him off fluids all together.  As long as he continues to eat and doesn't throw up a lot then he will have that taken out tomorrow.  Then the only cords he will have on him will be monitors and if they come off it isn't a big deal.  He will be able to wear any kind of clothes he wants.  Our favorite day nurse, Crystal, just ordered him a bassinet just like the one's that all babies are in in the hospital.  I am really excited to see him in that bed, it makes things look less scary and more normal. 

The cardiologist we met with today on rounds said everything was looking great and as long as things continue like they are he will be able to go home in 5-6 days which would be Saturday or Sunday.  When we came back from lunch Dr. J (cardiologist who did his procedure) asked me if I was ready to go home tomorrow.  I said no, I'm not so certain he wasn't partially serious.  I told him that Friday would be a great day to go home but only if he is sure he is ready to come home.  I can't believe we will probably be taking our litle guy home this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment