BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Greyson is Born!!!!!!!!!!!!

On October 5th I was having contractions pretty bad but they seemed to go away with rest  and I had been cleaning the house quiet a bit.  Then I had 6 noticable ones the next morning so I called Dr. Valastos office to see what they wanted me to do.  The nurse said for me to come on up there and get checked out since I was scheduled to be induced on Friday the 8th.  I called Nate and we went up there along with my mom and sister.  We called and Daddy, Gary & Teresa and Jerry & Kim all headed up.  We sat for 2 1/2 hrs in the waiting area just to be seen and found out that they just wanted me to be checked out not do the induction early.  When I finally got into the triage area I was having contractions and was dialted 4-5 cm.  They put me in a room and got the IV started.  My water broke on it's own at 7:02 and I decided to get the epidural after that.  Things went pretty slow from there, they put me on pitocin and checked me every 2 hrs.  I kept thinking I would go much faster like I did with Addison but things really took their time.  About 6:15-6:20 the nurse had come in and checked me, she said I was complete but he was still high so we were gonna give him time to come down to make pushing easier.  When she was walking out the room I felt the catheter go up and told the nurse.  She checked me and said he was right there, she got on the phone and got everyone into the surgery room for his delivery. Once we were in the room I pushed 6 times and he was out, I could see him come out and asked if he was blue bc he looked blue to me but they assured me that he was not any more blue than any other baby at birth.  They took him into the tiny NICU room and Nate went with him but they all had their backs towards me and I couldn't tell how he was doing.  I was worried if he had any other issues that we didn't know about but no one in there was telling me anything.  They said his shoulder looked sort of funky but they didn't think there was anything wrong with it and that he didn't have any other visable things wrong with him, no downs syndrome or anything like that.  Once I finally got Nate to look at me he gave me the thumbs up that everything was alright.  They brought him out to me and I got to hold my baby boy for the first time, I cried I was so happy to see him and see for myself that he was alright.  They took him to the NICU to get his umbilical lines in before his umbilical cord closed up.  I was taken back to my room with no baby but he was still in the same hospital.  About an hour or so later I was moved to my post partum room with another person.  I was more than ready to get discharged so I could go with my baby boy.  They brought Greyson by in the bed he was going to be transported in he looked so sickly and tiny it was very sad and scary. 

They transported Greyson and Nate and his mom and Gary and dad and Kim all went over to Cardinal Glennon to see Greyson when he got there.  I was left all alone in this room with someone else I didn't know and tired as can be but unable to sleep.  I wanted to be DISCHARGED and someone was gonna let me out.  I kept asking the nurses to get the Dr's in here so someone could let me go.  I was barely bleeding and didn't have any stitches or anything like that so there was no reason for me to stay.  They wanted me to stay at least 24 hours after he was born but that for sure was not happening, there was no way I was going to stay the night there while my son was 15 min away at another hospital.  I asked them to call in my dr who had told me that I could leave 4-6 hrs after he was born.  Finally about 5:15 he showed up, as I was making phone calls to make sure that if I left against medical advice the insurance would still pay.  He asked me when I had him and I said 6:30 am, he told the nurse that I could leave at 6:30 pm and that she better make sure I was out of here on the dot, bc he knew I was gonna leave then whether they were ready or not.  I was never so happy to get out of there and be headed back to put our family together again, even if it was in a hospital, we would still be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment