BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pee Pee

Our nurse today is not so great, I was holding him this morning and fed him and then I wanted her to help me put him back in his bed, she just scooped him right up and I had to un-hook his umbilical lines from the corner of his bed before she ripped them out.  They work 7-7 and when I was coming back from lunch at 10:30 she asked me if he had any diapers since she came on this morning.  She hadn't changed his diaper in over 3 hrs?!?!?  I decided to change him myself, I am much more comfortable with the umbilical lines then before, I got his diaper out and was wiping him off and BAM he starts peeing everywhere, I put my hand over it but he had managed to pee clear up his chest.  I have officially been peed on by my son, but I feel much more confident about changing him now.  They are still going to leave the umbilical lines in for no more than 3 more days.  If the cardiologist would say it is alright to remove them then we could but this Dr wants to do that balloon procedure which requires them to go through the umbilical vein, we don't really want that surgery but want whatever is best for him.  I am ready for those lines to come out and a PIC line to go in.  Once that is in then he will be much easier to hold since that line will be much more secure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment