BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 15, 2013

Water and Warm Weather

The kids have been hounding me to go swimming for a while.  We have a really nice zero entry indoor pool play thing that they could go to but it is at the ARC which is a place where lots of kids go.  Since Greyson is on lock down until after surgery we couldn't go there.  My cousin from Indiana came in town and stayed at a hotel near us that has a pool.  She invited us to come swimming with her.  The kids LOVED it.  Couldn't wait to get into the water.  The water wasn't too cold which obviously helped Greyson.  This time swimming was very different.  Greyson's lips were purple in no time and he was breathing very heavy.  I have not seen his lips this purple in a long time.  He sure wasn't the same as last year in our pool where he would kick around and swim for a good 5-10 minutes at a time.  He didn't even make 5 minutes this time before he needed to be held and take deep breaths.  Poor guy just wanted to have fun and he couldn't even swim.  It killed him watching Addison kick around in the pool and have a good time and he just couldn't do it.  It killed me even more watching him struggle so much.  Not for long.  He will be a swimming fool this summer.



Yesterday and today have been really warm around here so we decided to head outside yesterday.  Last year Greyson was swinging in the red swing right there next to him.  This year we decided it was time for him to be a big boy and swing in the big swing like sissy.  I remember Addison learning to use the big swing and she ate dirt one time.  I was swinging him really low this time so he wouldn't fall out.  He swung for a long long time and had a blast.  He would tell me "you can't catch me" and I would run over and grab him.

 
 
 
 
After we got done swinging we got Addison's 4-wheeler out.  Greyson of course was hot on the gas, full throttle the whole time.  He will not be riding by himself anytime soon.  Addison was not interested in riding by herself last year and when we rode with her she wanted us to drive and do the gas and she just held on.  This year she chose to drive.  She was driving her 4-wheeler by herself.  I had my hands on the gas tank.  She was running in the gas and turning.  I was really proud.  She will be riding by herself in no time and racing before we know it.  Greyson says he wants a dirt bike.  He watches dirt bikes with daddy every week.  His post-surgical gift will likely be a dirt bike.  Of course we want to make sure he is starting to heal well before he gets a dirt bike, the boy is wild! 
 
Only 10 more days until heart cath.  I am trying to figure out what to pack.  I don't know if I should pack for just 1 night and come home the next day...it is likely that we will be staying the night...or if I should pack for a week at least.  I think there is a chance that he could be having his surgery the very next day but I am not sure.  Of course, if I don't pack for the long haul then we will be staying...if I do then we will be heading home.  They will be calling me Monday to go over everything so I will talk to Beth then and see what she thinks.  If she says there is no way they will do surgery the next day then we won't pack for that long. 
 
 
We are going to stay healthy and play lots and lots...inside apparently because this warm weather is apparently a teaser.  Today it is supposed to be 75 degrees...tomorrow is only a high of 46!  It doesn't look like it is going to be warming up before the heart cath either.  Guess we will make the best of it.  I will update again before the cath.  Thanks for checking in.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment