BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Fontant day 0 update

Greyson is still intubated, however, he woke up and saw us some. It was very difficult as he freaked out. Full on straight legs, arched back, eyes widr open freaked out. He is restrained but he was very scared, which made it hard on us, and was fighting the tube down his throat. Our nurse called the person in charge of his extubation but they still want to hold off a bit.  He seems back to relaxed and sleeping for now. I think one of the hardest parts of his first heart cath and his surgery has been watching him before he gets extubated. He is really trying hard to breath around the machine but I think thats difficult.

Update to my update:
We will be watching our son be uncomfortable and dight the tube all night. Although his surgeon wanted him extubated tonight the damn attending tonighy doesn't want to extubate him. Which means I'll be up every 15 minutes or so comforting my baby as he tries to cry bc there is a huge tube down his throat. Yeah im a pissed momma right now.  I won't watch this long before I'll be talking to that attending. Our nurse is on our side and will talk for us if he keeps acting upset. If he would actually stay calm and sleep tonight I would be fine with it but if he keeps this up, the way he has in the past, I don't think he deserves to suffer. I guess we will see where he is in the am. Clearly I'll be awake with him all night. Daddy can't decide if he should stay here or go back to the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment