BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Post op day 3 evening

Today has been a roller coaster as far as how Greyson has been feeling. He woke up in such a great mood and made daddies day with a phone call. Then he made me a liar when everyone came to see him and he just laid there grumpy like before. He did tell GJ "bye" and "I love you too".  Not sure how he picks who he's going to talk to. Sissy LOVED coming back and seeing brother today and I think he liked seeing her, even if he was a tad grouchy. Then he zonked out and I finally got up for my first potry break, at 1:30 pm. I was able to get some Arby's, even if I did almost fall asleep in the line.  I got a nice warm shower and he got a nice long nap.

When I got back and he woke up his nurse took his arterial line out of his groin. Now we are down to NG tube, oxygen, central line in his groin,  IV in his hand and foot. He is off the sedative making him sleepy but still gets oxycodone and tylenol.

He started eating today. Nothing like at home but he ate a popscile and some fruit loops. Hopefully tomorrow its even more.

He did finally poop some, and in his diaper luckily, so hopefully thats just a start. I think it made his tummy feel better. He hates having his diaper changed and I'm sure its not the most comfortable. 

His drainage tubes are putting out a lot less so we should not have an issue making it to the floor tomorrow.  He needs to be down to 30 every 8 hours and he had 40 in 4 hours. Dr Fiore says everyone drains for a week so he is doing exceptionally well with that. It could get heavier the more he moves around but so far he's doing very well.

He has been joking around and saying some funny stuff today with intermittent grouchiness and napping.  This evening he even said some funny movie lines tonight and said be wants daddy to come back. He's alright with waiting until morning though.  He is definitely getting back to my little man. I think tomorrow is going to be even better.

His sister went back home for Easter. I loved seeing pictures of her dying eggs tonight. And she got to take Elle with her so I'm sure both girls are loving that.  We will have an Easter here with both of them monday.

I think we are on the down hill slope of this journey. Well he wants me to rest my hand on his chest. It started when he was coughing and now he just likes it. So we are going to try and get some sleep. Ill update after rounds tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment