BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 7, 2011

Big 1 year old boy!!!

1 whole year!!!  It has been one whole year since our sweet boy came into this world.  I can't believe it has been so long already.  How worried I was a year ago waiting on his arrival.  I knew inside my body he was doing well and everything was fine...he was alive and happy.  I didn't know what his birth would mean, was he going to be able to survive without me providing him that much needed oxygenated blood?  When he came out I immediatly asked if he was blue and was reassured he was no more blue then any other baby.  I was terriefied until they let me hold my sweet boy before they took him to put in his umbilical lines and take him to the other hospital.  After spending many hours arguing with the nurses that I was not going to stay 24 hours at this hospital when I could be at the other hospital with my baby I was released by my AWESOME Dr. Velastos after just 12 hours in the hospital.  If you would like to read his whole birth story you can here.

Here is our little man right after he was born still in the little NICU room next to where he was born.  I love that little smile he has on his face.  We spent 21 days in the NICU and went from having an open heart surgery after birth to having a heart cath and being sent home to have a totally different repair then we had ever discussed before when he was 4-6 months old.  Thankfully I found the first heart blog and was able to read her son's story and see pictures of him right after the surgeries they were talking about doing on Greyson.  He has a different defect then Greyson but the repair is the same.  Please feel free to read Bryce's story, he is an amzing little boy and has such a strong mommy.



We had Greyson's Glenn scheduled for March 3rd, yup my birthday, but the day after Addison's 2nd birthday he decided it was time to get it done.  Guess he felt like I didn't need those 10 days to prepare and get even more scared of what could be the outcome of this event.  I was terrified but we had so many people praying for our little man and so many family members there with us it made things so much easier and the outcome couldn't have been any better.  His surgery went EXCELLENT and his recovery was even better.  We were home in 5 days.  You can read about that journey here.


On to present times.  Today Greyson went to his 1 year check up he was 19 lbs. 10 oz which is smaller then I had expected him to be but he is still a healthy guy.  He got 4 shots today and wasn't too happy about it, but quickly got over it with the cake they offered him at the Dr's office.  Clearly it made him quiet tired and he took a good nap after we finished shopping for his birthday stuff.




We made the cupcakes for his party tomorrow and after dinner GJ & Grams came down to have some with us.  He really thinks it is neat when we sing Happy Birthday to him, and usually claps and says "Happy" after your done. 


It is a Knigge family tradition to take the first bite out of your birthday cake before it is cut.  Greyson took a bite out of his cupcake before tearing into it. 



And tear into it he SURE did!!!



He even decided to finish off Addison's as well. 


We have been so blessed to be chosen as Greyson's parents.  We have gone through quiet a journey with you little man but we wouldn't have it any other way.  Our journey is far fromm over and we do have the other surgery looming over our heads while you just continue to grow.  Can't wait to celebrate with all of our family tomorrow at your big John Deere Birthday party bash!!!





Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Greyson!! You are an amazing little boy!!!

    Neysa
    Mason's mom

    ReplyDelete