BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 13, 2012

Catch up and new news...

So first off let me apologize for not making an entry sooner.  Yeah I know it has been 3 months since I made a post.  This one won't have any pictures since I can't seem to find the time to get on here enough anyway. 

Greyson had a cardiology appointment on June 29th.  We brought up the fact that Greyson gets VERY winded when he runs, since he doesn't know how to walk, a short distance.  He said that they had always been a little worried about what Greyson's lung pressures would do and they can put him on some medication to correct it but would need to do a heart cath to check the pressures and make sure there is nothing else going on in there.  He did say that they may have to balloon something or put a stint in and that would cause us to have to spend the night.  He wants to look at his Glenn surgery to make sure that every thing in there is the way it should be and said he can't get a good look at that through an ultra sound. 

We also discussed with him if it would be better for us to see him at Cardinal Glennon rather than at the pediatric clinic in Jefferson City.  I am worried that his next appointment would be in the winter months and I don't like to take my kids to the pediatricians office during those months.  The hospital will still have sick children, with colds and flu's, but the cardiology office shouldn't so I feel better taking him there.  He told us that bringing him to Cardinal Glennon will allow him to do further tests if he should want them rather then trying to get all the information from their portable ultra sound machine.  He said they have better ultra sound machines at CG as well.  So from now on we will be making the trek to St. Louis for all of Greyson's appointments and care. 

I got a call from Jodi in the Cath Lab today and they have scheduled Greyson's cath for August 6th at 8:30 am.  We should plan to spend the night in case they find anything they do need do while they are in there.  At that hour though I think we can just drive up the morning of the cath and spend the night if we need to.  I guess I should have asked where he would go after the heart cath so we could decide if we needed to get a room or if me and Nate can just stay in there with him.  I am sure that is likely what will happen anyway. 

The cath was scheduled for August 29th  (Papa Dave & Grams Birthdays) but Dr R wanted it within the month so they changed it up.  I have to admit I am obviously worried about it but I will be glad to get it taken care of an hopefully get him on some medication to help him get around with less work. 

We are doing the heart walk again on August 26th.  We have been selling Team Greyson wristbands and have made over $400 by selling those.  There will be a benefit the weekend before the heart walk that we will be able to raise even more money for CHD research.  If you haven't made a donation yet, many of you have and we really appreciate it, let me know and I can send you the Team Greyson link. 

I will update the blog again with some pictures, hopefully, soon and will be updating it through out the day of his heart cath. 

Thanks for checking in on Greyson.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment