BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 18, 2010

November cardiology appointment

Greyson went to the cardiologist today, dr. Rahimi. We got there at 10:45 and didn't get out until after 3 pm. It was a very long day. We did two echo's bc he was upset and crying for the first one and they didn't get very good pictures. He was put on propranolol .25 cc three times a day. The muscle blockage under his PA is getting a little bigger and his oxygen saturation was 74 it was in the mid to upper 80's when we left the hospital. I was not real happy about that number but if the medicine doesn't make it go up some then he will have to have surgery earlier rather than 3-4 months. Dr Rahimi said that he will have his surgery In January unless things change with his O2 saturations, so that made me happy it won't be during Addison's birthday. He said typical recovery time is 5-7 days with 2-3 days in the PICU and the rest in a regular room where Addison can come in and visit. I was glad to know that I will only have a few days away from her rather than a week. Nate is going to go with us next month so he can see the echo and ask any questions the. We may know a surgery date or closer to at that appointment. I'm excited to have the surgery and put that behind us but I am also very worried to hand my baby over to someone who is going to put him on bypass and cut his chest open. I try to cherish everyday we have and know we have the best Dr's working for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment