BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Heart Walk

The first annual Congenital heart Walk was held in St. Louis this weekend.  Team Greyson raised $655 thanks to all of your donations.  We had a great time, even though me and mom are NOT in shape to walk 3.7 miles.  I am thinking I may try to do a Central MO congenital heart walk sometime next year. 

There were many fun things to do before the race started including face painting.


Addison got a unicorn painted.  It probably would have been a little better had she decided to sit still a little longer.  She is only 2 what can you expect though.  She was pretty proud of it and had to show it off to everyone once we got back home.  (by then she had touched it so much it was pretty much rubbed off)


Greyson didn't partake in the face painting as he was too busy enjoying the yummy Krispy Kreme doughnuts.  Guess he will be really excited when we go to Tulsa and get them fresh off the line.


In following her horse theme, she got a pink horse with a blue main and green reins.  She was pretty proud of this too and it surprisingly made it through the day intact.


Team Greyson (minus mom taking the picture)


The last half of our walk we got to talk to a woman who's daughter is one of Dr. Jardini's patients (he was the Dr. who did Greyson's cath and who took care of him most of his time in the NICU).  I can't recall what defects her daughter has but she did end up having a Classic Fontan when she was three.  It was neat to be able to talk to someone who has been down this road, and at the same facility Greyson goes to.  I am very thankful for everyone who donated to our walk.  Hopefully we will have a lot bigger team next year for the walk either here or in St. Louis.

We got a place for Greyson's birthday party so now we are in full planning mode.  I will work on getting evites out to everyone and an event on Facebook as well.  I am so excited for this party.  I was excited for Addison's party of course, but I am glad Greyson is still with us.  I wasn't sure on the day he was born if we would make it to this point with our little boy.  I am so thankful we were blessed to have Greyson in our lives and look forward to planning many more parties for him and Addison.

On another note, I changed my iphone plan to be able to use it as a modem for our computer so I now have internet access on the computer at home...or anywhere!  I am SUPER excited and I am guessing you can expect blog posts more often now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment